Florida Hurricane Damage Claim Lawyers

Experts Helping Clients Throughout Florida With Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims

The experienced hurricane damage attorneys at Trial Pro, represent residential and commercial property owners who have incurred hurricane, storm, water, flood, wind, and mold damage to their property. We have helped the residents of Naples and all of SW Florida since opening our Naples office in 2011. Our natural disaster insurance dispute attorneys have been fighting insurance companies for over 25 years and have successfully recovered millions of dollars for residents and business owners of Florida over the years. We will never be pushed around and we will never passively sit back hoping for a case to settle. We protect people from bully insurance companies or as we say...."WE BULLY THE BULLIES."

Please do not wait to file your insurance claim. If you have filed an insurance claim and your claim gets denied or underpaid, call us immediately for help or submit your information for a free case review.

Call 800-874-2577 right now to schedule your Free Consultation. We work on a Contingency Fee Basis and only get paid if we make a recovery. Our specialists have 100+ years' collective experience.

Here are a few important things you should know about filing an insurance claim for hurricane damage:

Residential Property Insurance Claims

When a hurricane, such as the recent Hurricane Irma, damages your home, you may naturally be emotional, scared, and confused. Unfortunately, while you may be suffering this type of loss for the first time, your insurance company has dealt with your type of claim hundreds of thousands of times. While your loss is very personal to you, it is simply business to your insurance company. Our property damage attorneys fight for you to help restore your home and protect your investment. Let us research your policy and coverages, investigate and document your losses, and take this stress off of your hands.

Commercial Property Insurance Claims

Business owners are under a lot of pressure after a hurricane like Irma or other natural disaster to resume business operations as soon as possible. After all, your business supports your family and the families of your employees. Many business insurance polices are very complex and contain many different types of coverages such as property damage, business interruption, payroll coverage, loss of rent, utility services coverage, and loss of ingress or egress. Please be careful not to accept the initial determination or offer of your insurance company out of desperation. Let our experienced commercial property and business insurance attorneys discuss your damage and possible claims with your first to make sure that you recover every cent to which you are entitled. You have a right to restore your commercial property and business to the condition it was before the hurricane or disaster. Let us review your policy, coverages, and claim to make sure that all steps are properly taken and conditions of your policy are met to protect your valuable claim.

Condominium and Homeowner Association Property Insurance Claims

Hurricane Irma and other natural disasters can damage entire condominium communities and neighborhoods. When these associations suffer property damage, the association's manager and board of directors are usually responsible to file insurance claims to protect the investment of the residents. This process and responsibility can very scary. Our experienced property damage attorneys will review your association's declarations and bylaws and insurance policies to help with every step of the process to verify coverage, investigate damage, file your claim and make sure that your association's property is restored to the pre-storm condition.

Frequently Asked Questions:

My property was damaged. What do I do first?

Find your insurance policy and follow the steps to report and file your claim.

What if I can't find my insurance policy?

If you can't locate your policy, report your damage to your agent with a phone call and an email. Your agent should help provide another copy of your policy, which may contain additional reporting requirements.

What information is required to report the loss?

Be prepared to describe the damage and explain as best you can what caused the damage to your property and when it happened. If your agent or a representative from your insurance company tells you that your loss is not covered, call us. Many times agents make honest mistakes when trying to interpret the language of a policy.

What should I do after I report the loss?

You should "mitigate your damages" by protect your property as best you can from further damage. Many insurance companies will actually reimburse you for these expenses. Please keep all receipts for these expenses. We also suggest that you photograph and videotape the damaged property.

How do I find the amounts of my coverage and deductible?

This information is summarized on the "Declarations Page," which provides the insurance coverage limits and the amount of your deductible.

How do I calculate my hurricane deductible?

In Florida, most insurance policies contain a hurricane deductible that is calculated on a percentage value of either to loss or the policy limits. You should refer to your policy to see which type you have.

How does the insurance adjuster decide if my claim is covered?

Insurance adjusters have legal obligation to adjuster your claim in good faith, which certainly requires them to follow state statues, regulations, and industry standards. While the determination of coverage is a judgment call by the insurer, they do not make the final decision. Many times we determine that insurance companies have unfairly denied a claim or undervalued a claim.

Must I cooperate with my insurance company a provide a sworn statement or "Examination Under Oath"?

Yes, but you may want to consult with an attorney first. Every insurance policy contains a formal obligation to cooperate with your own insurance company, which entails providing a sworn statement, also referred to as an Examination under Oath. During this examination, a representative from your insurance company is allowed to ask you questions about your damage and claim.

Set up a free consultation when you call 800-874-2577. Our specialists have 100+ years’ collective experience.

The Florida Hurricane Damage attorneys at Trial Pro, P.A., can help you with your claim from start to finish. We accept insurance claim cases for clients across the state of Florida and have done so for many years.